Terms and Services
Welcome to the RoC® Brand website (“RoC® ”), an online platform that provides products and services for consumer end-users (collectively, “Users”). The RoC® Platform (defined below) is operated by RoC Opco LLC (the “Company,” or “we” or “us”), except and unless otherwise indicated.
If you are a parent or guardian and you give us permission for a minor to register with and use the RoC® Platform, then you agree to be bound by these Terms as they relate to such minor’s use of the RoC® Platform.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- The RoC® Platform is owned and operated by the Company. Access and use of the RoC® Platform is provided by the Company to you on the condition that you accept these Terms, and by accessing or using the RoC® Platform, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to accept these Terms, you should not access or use the RoC® Platform in any possible form. References to “use,” “access,” or “permission” (to use or access) the RoC® Platform refers to use, access, or permission to use or access the RoC® Platform in any way and to any extent.
- A User’s right to use the RoC® Platform is personal to such User or the individual or entity who/that acquired such User’s access. Unless expressly stated otherwise in writing and with the Company’s express prior consent, any rights in these Terms are not transferable by a User to any other person or entity. If you are accessing and using the RoC® Platform on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind that entity to these Terms. In that situation, “you” and “your” will refer to both you and that entity.
- The Company shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue the RoC® Platform, the RoC® Website, and/or any feature or function thereof, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
- If you breach any of the Terms, the Company may automatically terminate your use of the RoC® Platform, without notice, and any failure of the Company to terminate your access shall not be deemed a waiver thereof with respect to such instance of breach or any subsequent or prior breach.
CHANGED TERMS; PRICING
The Company shall have the right at any time to change or modify these Terms, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding subscription features and access to Content and other electronic resources. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions (collectively, “Modified Terms”) shall be effective immediately upon your affirmative consent, which we will require of you the next time you access the Platform unless the changes are of such a nature that only notice is required, in which case, the Modified Terms shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof and your continued use of the RoC® Platform shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such Modified Terms. Notice of such Modified Terms will typically be given by posting on the RoC® Platform.
- You affirm that (i) you are at least 16 years of age and/or are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with these Terms or (ii) you are a parent or guardian giving us permission for a minor to use the RoC® Platform. You shall use the RoC® Platform for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the RoC® Platform any Content which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by you that in the Company’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other individual or entity from using the RoC® Platform will not be permitted.
- The RoC® Platform contains copyrighted Content, trademarks, and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, images, photos, video, graphics, and other materials belonging to the Company, which are copyrighted as a collective work under the copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries, which extends to the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. Except as otherwise expressly permitted, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted.
- You may not use, store, display, publish, transmit, distribute, modify, reproduce, create derivative works of any of downloaded shared Content, in whole or in part, otherwise as provided to you as part of the services by the RoC® Platform.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the RoC® Platform (except to the extent specifically permitted by applicable law). You may not use automated web queries (including, without limitation, screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, and any other automated activity in connection with the RoC® Platform); provided, however, that general-purpose Internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the RoC® Platform are granted a limited exception from the foregoing exclusion, provided that they do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information (or other information about users of the RoC® Platform), including account names, from the RoC® Platform, nor to use the communication systems provided by the RoC® Platform, for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the RoC® Platform or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the RoC® Platform or the Content. You may not frame any part of our RoC® Platform, unless we specifically give you our express written consent to do so. You may not use, or attempt to use, the RoC® Platform through any means not explicitly and intentionally made available, provided, or intended with respect to the RoC® Platform. You may not harvest information about users of the RoC® Platform for any purpose. You may not use the RoC® Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the RoC® Platform or that harms the Company, its service providers, suppliers, or any other person.
CONTENT PROVIDED TO THE RoC® PLATFORM
The copyright of all Content uploaded by Users is held by such Users. Users may not upload content to which they do not own the copyrights. The Company does not claim ownership of the Content that Users provide to the Company (including, without limitation, feedback and comments) or upload to the Company. However, by uploading Content, a User is granting the Company, permission to use such Content in connection with the operation of its business (including, without limitation, the RoC® Platform), including, without limitation, the license rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat User’s Content.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE RoC® PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE RoC® PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE RoC® PLATFORM, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, PROVIDED THROUGH THE RoC® PLATFORM.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE RoC® PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMPANY IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE RoC® WEBSITE OR THE RoC® PLATFORM, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE WEBSITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE RoC® PLATFORM.
- IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE, NEITHER THE COMPANY, NOR ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE RoC® PLATFORM, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO YOU, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, RIOT, EMBARGOES, ACTS OF CIVIL OR MILITARY AUTHORITIES, FIRE, FLOODS, ACCIDENTS, SERVICE OUTAGES RESULTING FROM EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE FAILURE AND/OR TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURES, POWER FAILURES, NETWORK FAILURES, FAILURES OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS (INCLUDING PROVIDERS OF INTERNET SERVICES AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS). THE PARTY AFFECTED BY ANY SUCH EVENT SHALL NOTIFY THE OTHER PARTY WITHIN A MAXIMUM OF 15 DAYS FROM ITS OCCURRENCE. THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TERMS SHALL THEN BE SUSPENDED FOR AS LONG AS ANY SUCH EVENT SHALL PREVENT THE AFFECTED PARTY FROM PERFORMING ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THESE TERMS.
- NO ENDORSEMENT; LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES/MATERIAL
The Company does not sponsor, endorse, recommend or approve any Content submitted to the RoC® Platform by any User. While the Company tries to confirm all such Content meets the requirements of these Terms, the Company cannot and does not represent or warrant that any Content is complete, accurate, or not misleading. Reference to any products, services or other information by trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by the Company. All non-RoC® trademarks, product names, and logos appearing on the RoC® Platform are the property of their respective owners.
The RoC® Platform may contain links to third-party websites, advertisements, services, offers, activities, or other content (collectively, “Third Party Materials”). These Third Party Materials are not owned or controlled by the Company. These Third Party Materials are provided for your reference and convenience only, and shall not be construed as our endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with a linked website. If you arrive at the RoC® Platform from a third party link or as a result of any of the prohibited solicitations described in this paragraph, please note that such link to or solicitation for the RoC® Platform does not imply a relationship with, or endorsement of, the third-party website or its content, purpose, policies or practices. Unless RoC® provides written consent for you do to so, you will not engage in solicitation activities on our behalf that refer potential customers to us including, but not limited to distributing flyers, coupons and other printed promotional materials, or electronic equivalents; verbal solicitation (e.g., in-person referrals); initiating telephone calls, and sending emails.
The Company shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the RoC® Platform, to determine compliance with this Agreement and any operating rules established by the Company, and to satisfy any law, regulation, or authorized government request. The Company shall have the right in its sole discretion to refuse to post, unpublish or remove any material submitted to or posted on the RoC® Platform. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to remove any material that the Company, in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the RoC® Platform by you.
The Company may terminate these Terms at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company shall have the right to immediately terminate any User’s access to the RoC® Platform in the event of any conduct by such User that the Company, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by such User of these Terms and any other agreement referenced herein between the Company and such User.
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THEM, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
The Company, its logos, and slogans are trademarks of the Company. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the RoC® Platform are the property of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been reproduced in connection with the RoC® Platform in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our designated agent with the following information in writing: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest, (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located within the RoC® Platform, (iv) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address, (v) a signed statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and (vi) a signed statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Notification pursuant to the DMCA should be submitted to:
RoC Opco LLC
261 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016